Re: raidframe

From: Miguel Mendez <flynn_at_energyhq.homeip.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 21:06:01 +0200
On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 20:12:05 +0300
"Petri Helenius" <pete_at_he.iki.fi> wrote:

Hi,

> Is the raidframe in 5.0 being maintained? I posted about several
> different panics a few months ago and so far havenīt seen replies nor
> the source has changed in the last five months or so...

Since nobody has replied (hint hint, scottl_at_ :), I'll tell you my little
experience with RAIDframe on FreeBSD. I've tried the 4.x patches and
those seem to work reasonably well (it was some months ago). I've never
had any luck with it on 5.0, neither -RELEASE nor -CURRENT. The same
hardware running NetBSD 1.6Q (CURRENT) works like a charm. I'm not sure
about the state of RAIDframe on 5.0, but I'm under the impression that
it has made nearly zero progress for months. If you feel adventurous
(sp), you can get your hands dirty with the code, I did a while ago,
it's not for the faint for heart. IMVHO the whole code should be dumped
and reimplemented inside the GEOM framework. Your best bet on 5.0 is the
good old ccd or vinum.

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn_at_energyhq.homeip.net
        GPG Public Key :: http://energyhq.homeip.net/files/pubkey.txt