Re: File system deadlock. GBDE(4) and/or MD(4) related.

From: Pawel Jakub Dawidek <nick_at_garage.freebsd.pl>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:59:22 +0200
On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 08:38:02PM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
+> >+> What you have found has nothing to do with GBDE, I think it is the
+> >+> usual "vnode backed md(4)" deadlock.
+> >
+> >Hmm? So you're trying to tell that this is somehow normal behaviour?
+>
+> We've had problems like this before with vnode backed MD(4) devices
+> (and vn(4) devices before that).
+>
+> One way or another:  It is _not_ a GBDE problem.

Hey, Poul! I'm not trying to show that gbde(4) is a buggy software,
I'm not trying to destroy you work, your image or FreeBSD, really.

I believe that this isn't bug in gbde(4), my fault, sorry.

But one thing I know, is that bug is somewhere and I just want to help
track it down.

This information could be useful:

When I've mounted file system on /private (not on /mnt/private) there
is no problem anymore. So maybe deadlock is caused by some directory
locking or something? Because if file system in mounted on /mnt/private
deadlock is 100% reproducable.

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       pawel_at_dawidek.net
UNIX Systems Programmer/Administrator     http://garage.freebsd.pl