(unknown charset) Compaq N610c ACPI

From: (unknown charset) unknown charset <Robert>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 21:42:00 +0200
Hi,

I've a ComPaq n610c with FreeBSD 5.1-Current running. With the latest
bios/RomPaq i was able to install Current/5.1-Release. Previous RomPaq
was completely broken for ACPI. But now is more or less works. I have
still some problems with acpi and without acpi. With acpi i got some
warnings and short/mid freezes during boot and sysctl -A. I've already
did some digging in ACPI asl/aml code but can't do the tricks like
removing a simple * from the Name (_HID, "*PNPsomething) . Has any one
any good leads to help or docs without having to spend 2 years of
college?

I've made a dmesg and a ACPI dump available at:
http://www.guldan.demon.nl/dmesg_output.txt
http://www.guldan.demon.nl/n610c_2.dsl

Booting 5.1 Current without acpi leaves this machine totally broken
devices can't be found and drivers seem to locate the cardbus controller
multiple times. Having up to 17 cardbus adaptors reported in my
system... mmmhh Sounds cool ;-)

Robert

PS: Compaq released this week a new RomPaq for this machine F.14 A

FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?
OpenBSD: He guys you left some holes out there!