Re: Apache13+mod_ssl and mod_php4 core dumping

From: Vonleigh Simmons <nospam_at_illusionart.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 19:10:20 -0700
> I believe I had to build apache+mod_ssl with the
> "APACHE_WITHOUT_EXPAT=YES" configuration to resolve this.  ISTR that
> php's built-in expat conflicted with Apache's.

	Makes sense. At first I couldn't update it because of conflicts with
older versions of expat and libtool. After some deinstalling and
reinstalling it finally compiled and that's when the core dumps started.

	What does expat for apache do? What things will be different and what
problems could I run into by compiling it without expat?  Last, since
I'm fairly new at this, all I have to do is:

make APACHE_WITHOUT_EXPAT=YES

	Or is it more involved?  Thanks.

Vonleigh Simmons
<http://illusionart.com/>