Re: Rewrite cvsup & portupgrade in C

From: Kirk Strauser <kirk_at_strauser.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 08:25:17 -0500
On Wednesday 07 July 2004 03:23 am, Brad Knowles wrote:

> I'm confused.  Once these applications are in binary form, what
> difference does it make what language they were written in?

You have to get it into binary first.  EZM3 is not available on many
non-FreeBSD, non-Intel platforms.  Although it's used *primarily* by the
FreeBSD project, it seems like there would be enough of a demand for such a
thing that other a portable version would be readily adopted by other
projects.

I see that there is no cvsup binary package for ia64.  Does M3 build on that
platform?  Do you suppose that "csup" will when it's finished?
--
Kirk Strauser