Library bumps and gcc/g++ versions

From: Andy Fawcett <andy_at_athame.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:33:52 +0300
hi,

Recently we saw library bumps for various shared libraries because of
changes since 4.x

Would it make sense to also bump the c++ related libraries when we take
a gcc that has an incompatible C++ ABI.

Currently I have a couple of commercial closed-source applications that
are built against 5.2.1, and won't be rebuilt in the (near) future for
5.3.

Bumping the c++ library versions would allow the 5.2.1 libstdc++ library
(and related libs) to be included as a compat52x-type library, allowing
such applications to continue working.

Andy

--
Andy Fawcett                                     | andy_at_athame.co.uk
                                                 | tap_at_kde.org
"In an open world without walls and fences,      | tap_at_lspace.org
  we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."  -- anon  | tap_at_fruitsalad.org