Re: 8.0RC2 amd64 - kernel panic running make buildworld

From: Andriy Gapon <avg_at_icyb.net.ua>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:47:54 +0200
on 13/11/2009 20:13 Mark Atkinson said the following:
> Sorry, I only mentioned the difference in that in my case and
> the case you listed as:
>
> 'superpages and no machine check - works'
>
> Always ends up in either
>
> * hardware reset on my machine (watchdog or other), or
> * bus error during compilation

Mark,
I said this earlier, I think that the difference is that on your system machine
check may be enabled in some form by bios, while on my system it is not.  So I
have to enable it on OS level to trigger the condition.  This difference may
come from the fact that I have a simple "consumer" system, while you seem to
have a more advanced machine.

--
Andriy Gapon