Re: Running all regression tests

From: Erik Cederstrand <erik_at_cederstrand.dk>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 14:49:47 +0200
Den 03/06/2010 kl. 16.14 skrev Maxim Konovalov:

> On Thu, 3 Jun 2010, 15:15+0200, Erik Cederstrand wrote:
>
>> I just wrote a shell script to recurse into the subdirectories and
>> run make on the Makefiles found. Unfortunately, some of the
>> Makefiles start running tests immediately, some have syntax errors
>> etc., so I'll have to add some more logic.
>>
> It would be nice to get patches while you are there.

A couple of patches to Makefiles were already committed (thanks, Maxim!). Here's a cleanup patch for some more Makefiles. It enforces the following convention for make targets:

.all: builds any code needed to run the tests
.test: runs any test cases defined
.clean: cleans up any files

Not all Makefiles define these targets, but it changes the Makefiles that do have them.

The patch allows to recursively run 'make all' on all Makefiles first, then run 'make test' on all Makefiles to run the regression tests. The patch doesn't attempt to rewrite existing tests to .t format. Also, I know next to nothing about Makefiles.

If it looks OK, is somebody willing to commit this?

Thanks,
Erik