Re: SUJ update

From: Jeff Roberson <jroberson_at_jroberson.net>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 13:36:14 -1000 (HST)
On Mon, 3 May 2010, Ed Maste wrote:

> On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 04:32:37PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
>
>> I also don't want to bikeshed this to death. I imagine that once the
>> feature is stable that users will just twiddle it once and then leave it
>> alone, or it will be set at install time and then not twiddled at all. :)
>
> Speaking of which, is there any reason for us not to support enabling SU+J
> at newfs time?  (Other than just needing a clean way to share the code
> between tunefs and newfs.)

The code is actually totally different between the two so it'll
essentially have to be rewritten in newfs.  tunefs uses libufs and some of
the code for manipulating directories that was added to tunefs needs to be
moved back into libufs and made more general.  However, newfs doesn't use
libufs anyway.  So it'd have to be converted or you'd just have to
re-write journal creation.

For now, I think an extra step in the installer is probably easier.

Thanks,
Jeff