Re: SCSI descriptor sense changes, testing needed

From: Kenneth D. Merry <ken_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 23:19:14 -0600
I have attached a new version of the patches, with a number of changes.

One issue that has cropped up is that the previous sense code and my new
descriptor sense changes never paid any attention to the actual length of
the sense data returned by the controller.

I have changed all of the error recovery code and sense printing code to
honor the sense data length in the CAM CCB.

One other problem related to that is that many controller drivers don't set
the sense residual field in struct ccb_scsiio properly, or don't set it at
all.  This patch includes changes to the isp, mps, mpt, umass, and ciss
drivers to set the sense_resid field properly.

There are lots of other drivers in the system, however, that haven't been
audited, and may or may not set the sense residual correctly.

I also fixed an issue reported by Fabian Keil that showed up with the ahci
driver.  In reverting a change I have in my local tree to switch to a 2
byte length field in the SCSI inquiry CDB, I accidently shortened the CDB
to 5 bytes.  Oops.

I'd really appreciate more feedback; Fabian is the only person to report
testing the previous patch.

Thanks,

Ken

--