Re: New iSCSI stack.

From: Edward Tomasz Napierała <trasz_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 12:53:39 +0200
Wiadomość napisana przez Outback Dingo <outbackdingo_at_gmail.com> w dniu 11 paź 2013, o godz. 14:37:
> Quick question, is there a specific reason why ctld doesnt create the file / device for iscsi, or fc ?
> the previous iscsi would read the config file and create the file / device ... it now appears to be a
> manual process.

You mean, the backing files ("path /dev/zvol/whatever", for example), right?

I thought about it.  Problem is, while it makes it somewhat easier in very simple
situations, it's not very useful in real life - ctld (or CTL) has no information what
the permissions should be, should the file be fully or thin provisioned (in other
words, whether it supposed to be filled with zeroes, truncated to a correct length,
or perhaps it's a ZVOL with reservation set), etc.  And you don't want it to create
files when you make a typo in path name.