Re: Intel Haswell support - Any updates?

From: David Chisnall <theraven_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 11:10:47 +0100
On 17 Sep 2015, at 10:55, Lundberg, Johannes <johannes_at_brilliantservice.co.jp> wrote:

> Looking at those pages it seems like development has basically been
> standing still for the last couple of years.

I’m not sure why you’d have that impression.  The Haswell entry on that page links here:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics/Update%20i915%20GPU%20driver%20to%20Linux%203.8

This has a status update from July and links to this GitHub repo:

https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-base-graphics/tree/drm-i915-update-38

The last graphics-related commit in that repo was 6 hours ago:

https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-base-graphics/commits/drm-i915-update-38

It was preceded by a load of other work.  If you look at the changes since the last non-graphic-related commit in that branch (about a month ago) you’ll see a huge quantity of changes.

Of course, I’m sure that the graphics team would welcome assistance if people feel that their progress is too slow.

David