Re: [CFT] packaging the base system with pkg(8)

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 20:09:30 +0000
As far as I know, nobody is taking the source code or the Makefiles
away, so if somebody doesn't like the system being distributed with
pkg, they can very well roll their own.

It's nice to see the level of enthusiasm the FreeBSD project can
muster, I just wish it wasn't always enthusiasm for stopping progress.