Re: repeatable panic on pageout with 945GM

From: Matthew Macy <mmacy_at_nextbsd.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2016 10:02:33 -0700

 > This "band-aid" seems to have worked. I haven't had a single panic since
 > - Thanks! :-)
 >
 > I tried to compile with -O0 but, for some reason, it panics in the sound
 > driver with a double-fault. When I get time, I'll recompile only the
 > files involved and see if I can't get a decent trace (and dump) to
 > identify the cause,

No need. Based on the line that it crashed at, the problem is that with no mappings no pv_entry has been allocated. Somehow on your laptop you're able to get in to a situation where fictitious pages have been added to the object that don't get mapped. This isn't a strange situation in and of itself, but you seem to be the only hitting this.

In any event, the DRM 4.6 port will support AGP in about a week. It will probably have bugs, but this one isn't in any of its code paths.

I'm glad your system works a bit better now.

Cheers.

-M