Re: [tzsetup] can't set up local timezone if CMOS is set to UTC

From: Boris Samorodov <bsam_at_passap.ru>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 14:12:34 +0300
08.08.2017 00:48, Marius Strobl пишет:
> On Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 09:51:15AM +0300, Boris Samorodov wrote:
>> 07.08.2017 09:44, Boris Samorodov ?????:
>>> Hi Marius, All,
>>>
>>> Subj at today's amd64-HEAD. If I use command "sudo tzsetup" and
>>> choose YES (CMOS clock is set to UTC), the program just quits.
>>> Yea, my clocks are at UTC but I want to get time at local timezone. :-)
>>>
>>> I've found a recent commit to tzsetup, is it the cause?
>>
>> Hm. There is a log message at r322097:
>> ---
>> - Make the initial UTC dialog actually work by giving the relevant files
>>     the necessary treatment and then exit when choosing "Yes" there instead
>>     of moving on to the time zone menu regardless.
>> ---
>>
>> I must misunderstand something.
>>
>> So my question is: how to set up local time zone if CMOS is set to UTC?
>
> Yeah, I hadn't thought of the case where one would like to set up
> a configuration in which the RTC is using UTC but the timezone is
> not.

I've used this configuration, well, almost forever. ;-)
As Kevin has already said and my habit is to set a unix machine CMOS
to UTC.

> So I've reverted the corresponding part of r322097 for now

Confirmed, tzsetup works as expected (at least for me). Thank you for
quick fix and response.

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve