Re: regression suspend/resume on Lenovo T420

From: Jonathan Anderson <jonathan_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 15:12:43 -0230
On 15 May 2017, at 14:57, Konstantin Belousov wrote:

> On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 02:37:16PM -0230, Jonathan Anderson wrote:
>>
>> Running drm-next (which has -CURRENT last merged somewhere around
>> r317651), this patch fixes one of the two problems I've been
>> experiencing with suspend/resume. Definite progress. :)
>
> Could you, please, clarify.  Does the resume work after this  ?  If
> not,
> how did you diagnosed that 'one of two problems' is solved with the
> change ?

Sorry, I'll try to clarify. My problems were:

1. since at least late March, I've had visual artifacts on resume that
make the screen unusable;
2. more recently, the machine didn't resume at all.

Applying your patch, I can successfully suspend to S3 and resume again,
so problem #2 is resolved. This leaves me in a better position to try
and test solutions for problem #1 (which might be an issue related to
the Mar 13 firmware update on drm-next rather than a -CURRENT problem).

Thanks,

Jon
--
Jonathan Anderson