zfskern{txg_thread_enter} thread using 100% or more CPU

From: Steve Wills <swills_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 19:30:22 -0400
Hi,

Recently on multiple systems running CURRENT, I've been seeing the
system become unresponsive. Leaving top(1) running has lead me to notice
that when this happens, the system is still responding to ping and top
over ssh is still working, but no new processes can start and switching
to other tasks doesn't work. In top, I do see pid 17,
[zfskern{txg_thread_enter}] monopolizing both CPU usage and disk IO. Any
ideas how to troubleshoot this? It doesn't appear to be a hardware issue.

Steve