Re: Deadlocks / hangs in ZFS

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_leidinger.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 16:16:32 +0200
Quoting Slawa Olhovchenkov <slw_at_zxy.spb.ru> (from Tue, 22 May 2018
15:29:24 +0300):

> On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 08:17:00AM -0400, Steve Wills wrote:
>
>> I may be seeing similar issues. Have you tried leaving top -SHa running
>> and seeing what threads are using CPU when it hangs? I did and saw pid
>> 17 [zfskern{txg_thread_enter}] using lots of CPU but no disk activity
>> happening. Do you see similar?

I will try and report back.

> Can you try https://reviews.freebsd.org/D7538 and report?

The patch tells it is against -STABLE, we're talking -current here.
It has been a while since I tried Karl's patch the last time, and I
stopped because it didn't apply to -current anymore at some point.
Will what is provided right now in the patch work on -current?

As a data point, the system I talk about in the start of the thread
has 64 GB RAM and the ARC is not limited via sysctl.

Bye,
Alexander.
--
http://www.Leidinger.net Alexander_at_Leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF