Re: Checking out the CSRG repository?

From: Rodney W. Grimes <freebsd-rwg_at_gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 06:40:07 -0700 (PDT)
> On 19-06-20 05 h 59, Warner Losh wrote:

> >> repo.FreeBSD.org

> >> asomers_at_repo.freebsd.org/csrg'

> >> https://github.com/dspinellis/unix-history-repo.git to look at historical
> >> sources. https://github.com/csrg has a number of additional repos of
> >> historical interest, though they are all forks from somewhere else.

> >> convenient.

> >> I'm looking at bmap.  When I wrote that email, the earliest released
> >> reference I could find was in 4.3-Reno.  However, I just spotted it in
> >> 4.2, which is a much more reasonable time frame (it moved to a
> >> different file which is why I missed it before).  However, the files
> >> in question don't even exist in the git branches from dspinellis's
> >> repository.  I had to find them on tuhs.org.  Am I doing something
> >> wrong, or are dspinellis's release branches not fully populated?
> >> Compare
> >> https://github.com/dspinellis/unix-history-repo/tree/BSD-4_3_Reno-Snapshot-Development/usr/src/sys/sys
> >> to https://www.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=4.3BSD-Reno/src/sys/sys
> >

> > I'm guessing the SCCS -> SVN -> Git process broke files that were renamed
> > or copied... I've not dug deeper though... This tells me that we need to
> > send dspinellis some corrections :)
> >
> > Warner
> >

> Replying to an arbitrary message..
>
> Using svnweb it so EASY to see that the correct invocation is
>
> svn co https://svn.freebsd.org/base/vendor/CSRG
>
> as I just done..

Well once you know that it is obvious, I think is what
is happening is that people go to https://svn.freebsd.org/
and there is csrg listed there and the paths you get once
you follow that is wrong from then on.

Maybe obliterarate that top level miss leading link
would be the right thing to do?  Or put a roadmap
file at that level in place and then delete that csrg link.

Thank you for pointing us all to where the "real data"
is at.

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes_at_freebsd.org