Re: libthr and 1:1 threading.

From: Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh_at_starjuice.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 16:29:35 +0200
On (2003/04/02 06:05), Terry Lambert wrote:

> > I think Jeff (or someone else?) said, that some web browsers gain
> > "something" too (serialization issues with libc_r)? I had the impression
> > that this also applies to UP systems.
> >
> > Do I misremember this? If not, does it not apply to UP systems as well?
>
> FWIW: the libc_r reentrancy isn't fixed by a 1:1 model for
> anything but calls for which there are no non-blocking
> alternative kernel APIs.  [...long ramble...]

For all the rambling, I'm happy to report that my SCHED_ULE + libthr
UP workstation feels noticibly more responsive when I have several
Mozilla tabs all loading pages simultaneously while I'm trying to make a
threaded Java IDE do something sensible.

It's possible that I'm actually seeing the impact of other changes that
have been committed in the last week, I suppose.

Ciao,
Sheldon.