Some ports not -current compatible?

From: Scott R. <fluid_at_sfmidimafia.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 11:50:30 -0800
I tried soliciting ports_at_ and questions_at_ for answers to these questions,
but no answers were volunteered which leads me to believe that these
issues may be specific to -current.  I'm hoping someone can give me a
clue as to what the problem is or at least give me a pointer (have
searched extensively on google and the list archives only to find my
same questions unanswered).

First, I'm trying to get wine to work and I'm having a really hard time
with it.  It compiles and installs okay, but when I run it, I get:

err:ddeml:DdeConnect Done with INITIATE, but no Server window available

This is when I try to run the install program from a simple solitaire
game.  Does anyone have wine working with -current?  If so, how did you
get it to work?

The second problem I'm seeing is with ymessenger.  Again, it builds and
installs just fine, but when I run it, I get:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.4: Undefined symbol
"stpcpy"

The only examples I found of other people running into this were when
they upgraded from 4.x to 5.x and the old libraries were being linked,
but this box was initially installed with 5.0-RELEASE so that couldn't
be it.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott