Re: libthr and 1:1 threading.

From: Andrew Boothman <andrew_at_cream.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 02:14:25 +0100
Terry Lambert wrote:

>Stijn Hoop wrote:
>

>>On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 10:54:45PM -0500, Jeff Roberson wrote:
>>

>>>I have commited libthr.  To try this out you'll need to do the following
>>>

>>I know very very little about threads, but I'm interested as to what the
>>purpose is of this library. Is there a document available somewhere that
>>describes the relationships between this, KSE, libc_r, pthreads, the
>>Giant-unwinding-make-SMP-work-better project and some of the other
>>threads and SMP related libraries and terminology?
>>

>Here's a thumbnail sketch, though (forgive me, KSE folks, if I mung
>it too badly):

Good explanations Terry! Even I could understand it :)

If this is all reasonably accurate enough for everyone, could it be
marked up for a FAQ or Handbook entry? As we move towards a 5-STABLE I
think it would be useful to have a document to point to that describes
these things.

I'm happy to do the markup if you're happy for your words (or a close
approximation) to be used.

Thanks.

Andrew.