RE: sio problem in -current (COM1)

From: Cagle, John (ISS-Houston) <"Cagle,>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 23:34:23 -0600
Thanks!  It was an ACPI-related problem.  I disabled ACPI
(hint.acpi.0.disabled="1" in /boot/device.hints) and rebooted and now
both com ports show up properly as they did with FreeBSD 4.8.  (These
are just standard com ports, btw.)

I didn't realize ACPI was involved in legacy com port detection.  That's
weird.

Thanks,
John