Re: Building 5-CURRENT world under 4-STABLE?

From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 20:41:14 +0300
On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 08:57:38AM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 10:12:09AM -0600, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> > Is it supported to be running under a 4-STABLE world and build
> > a 5-CURRENT world?
>
> Yes.

Currently it is supported, but may not be soon.  The
issue was brought up with Technical Review Board who
are currently in the process of voting on the supported
upgrade path matrix (both native and cross arch), and
one possibility might be that the only supported upgrade
path will be from 4-STABLE to 5.0-RELEASE, and only then
to 5.0-CURRENT.

Even if this will be ratified, I will still continue
to work on a wider update range that will be available
in the form of patches.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA,