Re: HEADS UP: fxp breakage

From: Maxime Henrion <mux_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 17:58:33 +0200
	Hi all,

I was finally able to reproduce the problems people have been reporting.
That is, the fxp(4) card works but there are many odd "unknown: DMA
timeout" and "unknown: device timeout" messages.  This was due to a bug
in fxp(4) which was harmless unless you used DEVICE_POLLING.  These
problems go away when using the 1.156 revision of if_fxp.c.

Please note that other people have been reporting different symptoms, ie
the card sees no traffic at all.  I'm not sure the latest sources fix
these cases too, but I'm fairly confident they do, because one person who
has been reporting me such symptoms was using DEVICE_POLLING too.

Of course, if it's still broken for you, please let me know.

Cheers,
Maxime