no buffer space available

From: Christoph Kukulies <kuku_at_physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 18:34:37 +0200
I'm using FreeBSD 5.0 as a gateway machine in my home network.
I'm running a DSL (pppoe) and over that also a vpn tunnel (mpd) to the campus.

>From time to time, when my provider has problems with his router or whatever
he is doing (resetting the link or something) - I have a fixed IP btw -,
ppp breaks down and the link doesn't come up by itself.

Pinging then to some known address I'm getting

no buffer space available

and if I wouldn't now reboot the machine it would probably never
get online again.

What is the problem with this buffer space leak?

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies_at_rwth-aachen.de