Re: midi problem, an isa device on a pci card

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 09:04:10 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <3E916024.9D7E77C6_at_mindspring.com>
            Terry Lambert <tlambert2_at_mindspring.com> writes:
: I think this is what he means: yes, there's a PCI-ISA bridge on
: the card, with an ISA device hung off the ISA side of the bridge.

I doubt seriously this is the case.  Otherwise our isa bridge code
would attach another isa bus there and he'd not have a problem.

: I remember that there were 1-ISA-device-PCI-ISA bridges when PCI
: first came out; this is probably one of them.

actually, there were and are a lot of localbus (aka ISA) to PCI
bridges out there.  These are PCI devices, and should be treated as
such.  It is extremely rare for a full-fledged PCI to ISA bridge to be
on an add-in card that isn't a specialized hunk of hardware.
Something as common as a sound card almost certainly doesn't do this.

That makes the rest of your questions irrelevant....

Warner