Re: fontconfig-2.1.92 considered harmful

From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 17:07:16 +0300
On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 10:00:32AM -0400, Wesley Morgan wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
>
> > At runtime.  When I run xclock under truss(1), it shows the
> > paths to the fonts, and never stops doing it, eventually
> > eating all memory and being killed by kernel.  The same
> > thing happens when I say run mozilla (also upgraded from
> > fresh ports).
>
> I've got a -STABLE system running fine with all the latest ports, and my
> -CURRENT laptop works as well. Have you checked all your font config files
> for something like a circular include?

Like I said, the problem goes away when I downgrade the port.

I don't know too much about font config files and never edited
them manually; I've just started afresh, removed all of my
ports and some garbage that was left, updated the ports tree
and reinstalled the ports I need, including XFree86-4.

The first time I ran startx, I saw an unnormal disk activity,
and that turned out to be xclock that is run by default.

Where do I go to check for this circular include you mention?

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA,
ru_at_sunbay.com		Sunbay Software AG,