Re: fontconfig-2.1.92 considered harmful

From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus_at_marcuscom.com>
Date: 08 Apr 2003 14:00:34 -0400
On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 13:30, Shizuka Kudo wrote:
> --- Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 02:46:39PM +0200, CARTER Anthony wrote:
> > > I had this bug, but now it is over...It has been fixed. Do a CVSUP and all
> > > should now be ok.
> > >
> > No.  This is with the latest port.  Where specifically it
> > was fixed?
> >

> The exact cvs message is as follows. Having you tried 'fc-cache -f' to rebuild font cache as root
> in a text console and delete the fontcache in your home directory (This solved my problem when
> starting a KDE session)?

But Ruslan is reporting the bug in 2.1.92 which incorporates this fix.
Besides, what Ruslan is seeing is a different crash.  I'm wondering if
it is indeed an issue with not having enough memory.  All my machines
have at least 512 MB of RAM, and I've never encountered this error.
Anyone have a machine with < 200 MB of RAM and is _not_ having a problem
with fontconfig?

Joe