Re: cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/diskinfo

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 13:09:46 +0200
In message <200304091052.h39AqAVk078702_at_repoman.freebsd.org>, Poul-Henning Kamp
 writes:
>phk         2003/04/09 03:52:10 PDT
>
>  FreeBSD src repository
>
>  Modified files:
>    usr.sbin             Makefile
>  Added files:
>    usr.sbin/diskinfo    Makefile diskinfo.8 diskinfo.c
>  Log:
>  Diskinfo is a small program to access the basic properties of a disk device:
>  sectorsize, mediasize etc.
>
>  It also contains a small and naïve benchmark which reports on seek
>  and transfer performance.

This program was written mostly for various test-cases I have been
working on, but it may also prove useful for people who create
flash images for embedded systems and similar.

The results of the benchmark facility should be treated with extreme
caution.