Re: 'for' unexpected.

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 19:39:21 -0700 (PDT)
> From owner-freebsd-current_at_FreeBSD.ORG  Tue Apr  8 10:45:38 2003
> To: Scott Carmichael <freebsd_at_jobeus.net>
> Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 10:45:35 -0700
> cc: freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: 'for' unexpected.
>
> > So, anyways, anyone know what this could be? I can't seem to even type
> > a 'for' statement in sh and make it work. Eek.
>
> See the archives. This is a problem reported earlier this week.
>
> Work around:
> cd /usr/src/bin/sh
> make clean
> make
> make install
> cd /usr/src
> make installworld

Using a userland and kernel from Sunday, April 6 2003, I hit this when
trying to upgrade to today's current too.  Unfortunately, rebuilding
/bin/sh didn't quite work while I was in single-user mode...  Probably
because the file /bin/sh is 'in use'.  I've brought my workstation
up by running while in single user mode:

	# exec /bin/csh
	name# cp /usr/local/bin/bash /bin/sh
	name# exit

I'll try rebuilding now.  Who knows *why* this happens?  I think it
definitely deserves an UPDATING entry.

- Giorgos