Possible issue with wi (Was:Problem with Toshiba Wirless Lan card after latest cvsup)

From: Cliff L. Biffle <cbiffle_at_safety.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 00:05:46 -0700
On Wednesday 09 April 2003 05:09 am, Mark Sergeant wrote:
> After a cvsup 8 hours ago and subsequent build world I've found a slight
> problem, I no longer have a working wireless card. I'm cvsupping again
> in the hope that this will fix the problem but in the meantime I get the
> following on boot...

I can reproduce the issue with exactly the same symptoms.  I supped the day
before yesterday and my build completed yesterday (slow notebook).  However,
my card didn't stop being recognized until several hours -after- I had booted
the new system.

I've been through several kernel rebuilds today in an attempt to fix it.

The CIS info reported when the debugging sysctls are set is absolutely
correct, and maps to info in pccarddevs.  The driver is simply not noticing
the card, but -- here's the kicker -- most other cards work.  It seems to be
an issue with wi.

Anyone else getting this?  I'm supping and rebuilding in the hope of a fix.

-Cliff L. Biffle