devfs and slices on Iomega ZIP media

From: Stefan Walter <sw_at_gegenunendlich.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:25:22 +0200
Hi,

is there a way to make devfs rescan the partition table of a device?
Currently (i.e. 5.0-RELEASE with me), I cannot access ZIP disks if there
wasn't any medium in the ZIP drive at boot time, as devfs doesn't create
the device files for the slices (which is understandable, as there
weren't any slice then). "camcontrol rescan" (it's a SCSI device)
apparently just scans for devices and doesn't help with creating the
slices' device files.

Stefan
--
Upon this, Fleece, holding both hands over the fishy mob, raised his shrill
voice, and cried - "Cussed fellow-critters! Kick up de damndest row as ever