Re: ULE nice bugs are fixed.

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:12:41 -0700
On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 02:49:35PM -0400, Jeff Roberson wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Steve Kargl wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 12:08:29AM -0400, Jeff Roberson wrote:
> > > Could those of you that have been testing it so far please try it out
> > > again and let me know how it feels?
> > >

> > Jeff,
> >
> > There is a noticable delay in switching from a vty
> > to the X11R6 server.  Although ctl+alt+F8 takes me
> > back to X11, there is a few second pause during the
> > redrawing of the screen.

(change deleted)

> I suspect this is due to priority propagation.  I forgot that I had
> disabled that code.
>
> How is it otherwise?

I started to recompile the kernel and while sitting here decided
to load linux-mozilla.  The system rebooted before linux-mozilla
displayed a window.  I'm not sure this ULE related.

Whoops.  The system just panic after coming back up from
a linux-mozilla induce reboot.  I've left the machine
at the db> prompt.

Here's a hand transcribed backtrace.

panic: Negative nice count.
Stack backtrace