Re: ULE nice bugs are fixed.

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:21:30 -0700
On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 05:55:42PM -0400, Jeff Roberson wrote:

> > On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 02:49:35PM -0400, Jeff Roberson wrote:
> > > On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Steve Kargl wrote:
> >
> > I started to recompile the kernel and while sitting here decided
> > to load linux-mozilla.  The system rebooted before linux-mozilla
> > displayed a window.  I'm not sure this ULE related.
> >
> > Whoops.  The system just panic after coming back up from
> > a linux-mozilla induce reboot.  I've left the machine
> > at the db> prompt.
> >

> Is this with the change in my patch or without?  Odd that I'm not seeing
> this.  I cant remember if I asked for the output of 'call kseq_print(0)'
> but could you get that as well?

It happens with a kernel without the change at line 180
and it happens with a kernel with the change :-(

db> call kseq_print(0)
   load:            0
   load ITHD:       0
   load REALTIME:   0
   load TIMESHARE:  0
   load IDLE:       0
   nicemin:         -4
   nice counts:
          0 = -1
          4 = 1
0x8

I am suspicious that background fsck is exasperating
the situation.  I'm trying to build a 4BSD kernel to
see if it is ULE specific without much luck.

--
Steve