Disk write command timeout

From: Beech Rintoul <akbeech_at_northwindcom.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 09:11:49 -0800
Hi,

I have a Compaq Deskpro PI/200 with a Maxtor 10G drive running
yesterday's -CURRENT.
Several weeks ago I installed the Maxtor HD and have been having the
following problem under heavy disk usage:

Apr 12 09:27:56 stargate kernel: ad2: WRITE command timeout tag=0 serv=0 -
reset
ting

I thought it might be a bad HD, but swapping it with an identical, known
good drive gives the same results. Does anyone have any suggestions on how
to fix this? The same box and HD combination running Windows 2K doesn't
suffer with this problem.

Thanks,

Beech
    Beech Rintoul - Network Administrator - akbeech_at_northwindcom.net
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  |
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99518-1841
      No More Spam! http://www.knockmail.com/default.asp?AID=B0R00073