mozilla 1.3_1,2 hangs on text-input

From: Martin Karlsson <mk-freebsd_at_bredband.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:51:16 +0200
Hi. This is on -CURRENT from Apr 11.

My newly built www/mozilla starts, and as long as I use the mouse, it
loads webpages, and seems to just work.  But as soon as I try to
input text (be it in the address-field, or in a text-input field),
mozilla locks up hard, and responds to nothing.

mozilla-1.2.1_1,2 works fine (without Xft -- I haven't tried with
Xft).

I have tried building it with and without GTK2, with and without
XFT, and with and without -O2 optimization (not that I know if any
of these options would affect inputting of text).

All my builds have been without mail, news, calendar, and chatzilla.

I run:
   XFree86-4.3.0,1
   freetype2-2.1.4
   fontconfig-2.1.93
   Xft-2.1_7

I'll be glad to supply additional info, and I'm willing to
experiment with "stuff".

Thanks in advance,
--
Martin Karlsson