new usb2 stuff

From: Bryan Liesner <bryan_at_gravy.homeunix.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:28:42 -0400 (EDT)
Unless I compile in ohci along with ehci, I get the following error:
gravy kernel: usb0: wrong number of companions (2 != 0)

Using both ohci and ehci results in probing the attached devices
twice, then removing the ohci device in favor of the ehci device.
So, in the dmesg, I see my usb hard drive twice, assigning umass0,
then umass1. After umass1 is assigned, umass0 is then detached.

kernel: umass0: Buslink USB 2.0 Hard Drive, rev 2.00/11.00, addr 2
kernel: umass1: Buslink USB 2.0 Hard Drive, rev 2.00/11.00, addr 2
kernel: umass0: at uhub2 port 4 (addr 2) disconnected
kernel: umass0: detached

Is this the intended behavior?

I've been using a partitioned off usb hard drive as a tape device,
just using the raw devices as tapes. (Much cheaper than a tape drive).
My nightly dump caused a panic, although shorter transfers seem ok.

I found this in messages:
kernel: umass1: Invalid CSW: sig 0x00010001 should be 0x53425355

Sorry I don't have more info at this time, I've been flooded at work
and haven't had the time to reproduce and create a core dump yet.

Finally, I see no difference in speed between the 1.0 drivers and the
2.0 drivers.

= Bryan D. Liesner            LeezSoft Communications, Inc. =
=                             A subsidiary of LeezSoft Inc. =
= bryan_at_gravy.homeunix.net    Home of the Gipper            =