Re: USB Ohci Suspend/Resume

From: Anish Mistry <mistry.7_at_osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 00:46:22 -0400

> I've worked a bit more at this, but the only thing I can seem to do to fix
> this for the ums and ukbd is to comment out the usbd_close_pipe() call.
Then
> device then seems to work perfectly with no panics or other visible side
> effects, but this just doesn't seem like a correct procedure.  If any USB
> people have any suggestions it would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Anish Mistry

Even though I seem to be talking to myself, I figured out that the problem
with the panic is due to the fact that a process is reading/writing from the
usb device during suspend time, thus leaving the pipe not being able to be
closed, and the panic seems to happen with all types of usb devices, not just
the ones that I mentioned before.  Is there a way to force a device to
detach? So that all the devices are detached before the suspend, and then
reattached, which should fix the problem.

Thanks for any help,

--
Anish Mistry