Re: Kernel memory leak?

From: Ian Freislich <ianf_at_za.uu.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:32:30 +0200
Steve Kargl wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 11:11:46PM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> > In message <55218.1050439220_at_wcom.com>, "Ian Freislich" writes:
> >
> > ># There must be a better way to do this
> >
> > I suggest instead you search for valid superblocks, they have a
> > well-defined magic word you could look for.
> >
> > I even belive I have seen reports of a tool that does it automatically,
> > but have no references at hand.

So had I, but I didn't expect it to be a port so I didn't find it
and I'd had great success with this method last time on a 3.x box,
only it didn't panic back then.  Statically linked in /sbin would
have been nice.

> ports/sysutils/ffsrecov

Hopefully I'll remember this in a couple of years time when I next
have a rush of blood to the head and break my disklabels.  However,
it wouldn't have shown up this memory leak :/.

Ian