Possibly silly question about creating entries in /dev

From: Scott R. <fluid_at_sfmidimafia.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:34:31 -0700
This may be a stupid question, but hopefully it is easily answerable.
I've done some poking around on the man page for devfs and I can't
really find anything that tells me how to create a "fictitious" entry.
Some apps that play or read cd's need the device /dev/cdrom to exist for
them to work.  I can create a link manually just using ln -sf /dev/acd0
/dev/cdrom and the entry will stay there until I reboot the machine.
Upon reboot, the entry is wiped out as devfs re-initializes itself (this
is my guess anyway).  Can anyone tell me how to properly create these
types of device entries so that they are recreated each time the system
boots?  There's either not much documentation on this subject or I'm
just not looking in the right place.  Pointers and suggestions will be
greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Scott