Re: fxp0 problems - 5.0-CURRENT

From: Lee Damon <nomad_at_castle.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:50:36 -0700
Working kernel:
     $FreeBSD: src/sys/dev/fxp/if_fxp.c,v 1.162 2003/04/07 17:02:44 mux Exp $

Not working kernel:
     $FreeBSD: src/sys/dev/fxp/if_fxp.c,v 1.173 2003/04/16 09:16:55 sobomax
Exp $

nomad

> Lee Damon wrote:
> > Starting yesterday the kernel I built from latest CVSup started exhibiting
> > problems with fxp0, but not wi0 (the only NICs I have on my T30).
> >
> > The previous kernel, compiled on Monday the 7th (with sources SUPed
> > that morning) works fine.
> >
> > Under the new kernel fxp0 shows up with ifconfig and can be configured,
> > but it fails to pass packets.  The packet count in netstat -in does
> > not climb, nor do any errors show up.  Nothing is logged to indicate
> > error.
>
> It would be helpful if you could search what exact commit causes these
> problems.  I'm particularly interested in knowing if your NIC is working
> OK with revision 1.168 of if_fxp.c.  Also, it would be interesting to
> know what exact revision you have in the working kernel from the 7th.
> Assuming this kernel is /boot/kernel.old/kernel, this command should
> give you that information :
> 	ident /boot/kernel.old/kernel | grep fxp
>
> If for some reason you're using the fxp(4) driver as a module, run the
> above command on the if_fxp.ko file.
>
> Thanks,
> Maxime
nomad
 -----------                       - Lee "nomad" Damon -          \
play: nomad_at_castle.org    or castle!nomad                          \
work: nomad_at_ee.washington.edu                                       \
                                 				    /\
Seneschal, Castle PAUS.                                            /  \
                "Celebrate Diversity"                             /    \