Re: fxp0 problems - 5.0-CURRENT

From: Lee Damon <nomad_at_castle.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:27:13 -0700
> I believe the problems you're having are not due to fxp(4) changes but
> rather due to some recent changes in the PCI subsystem.  The changes
> that have been done since revision 1.162 are rather conservative
> changes.  It would thus be helpful if you could now try with revision
> 1.162 of if_fxp.c, and the rest of the kernel sources unchanged.  If it
> still doesn't work with 1.162 while your older kernel works with the
> same revision, it will show clearly that the problem lies elsewhere.

The symptoms match your theory.

I CVSup'd the latest sources about 30 minutes ago, put the 1.162 version
of if_fxp.c into place and built a kernel.  After rebooting with the
new kernel fxp0 was unable to pass packets.

For those joining us late... this is on an IBM T30 portable running
5.0-CURRENT.

nomad
 -----------                       - Lee "nomad" Damon -          \
play: nomad_at_castle.org    or castle!nomad                          \
work: nomad_at_ee.washington.edu                                       \
                                 				    /\
Seneschal, Castle PAUS.                                            /  \
                "Celebrate Diversity"                             /    \