Re: Going Dynamic (Was: HEADS UP: new NSS)

From: David O'Brien <dev-null_at_NUXI.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 00:10:00 -0700
[From address modified because I don't want every message in this
thread to end up in my personal mailbox.  I'll read them in the
list, thank you very much.]

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 06:22:43PM -0700, Tim Kientzle wrote:
> 1) Create /lib, move shared libraries.
>
>     This involves working on bsd.lib.mk and a few related
>     pieces so that certain libraries get installed
>     differently:
>       * shared lib into /lib

Only those libs needed bin /bin and /sbin should be in /lib.

>    Not sure which of the following is best:
>     a) Kernel automatically runs /rescue/init if /sbin/init fails
>        too quickly.

On the naming, it should be "/stand".  We have a long history of putting
emergency, statically compiled programs there.  I've used /stand/*
many times in the past and don't see why we need to gratuitously change
that.

--
-- David  (obrien_at_FreeBSD.org)