Re: Laptop update...

From: Marcin Dalecki <mdcki_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 01:11:38 +0200
> I'm having the same problem with a Dell Latitude C800.

I have observed similar problems on my ASUS Silicon Motion LynxEM+
notebook. Well Actually what happens is the usual "black screen and
no return". No console switching no whatever. More importantly it's
still possible to login remotely in to the machine.
There I always find an XFree86 process taking 98% of CPU time.
Tracing it showed that it hangs trying to ececute an VESA
opscreen operation. Apparently it's XFree which is broken I think.
Well it smell further after BIOS calls hanging, since I did have
to switch the Option "NoBIOS" on for getting thich chipset working
under FreeBSD at all. Otherwise it hangs right at the first
try to execute BIOS code.

Anyway SIGPOWER is definitively something missing from the UNIX signal
list... No clumpsy "help daemon" just SIGPOWER I think...