Re: libc.so hosed - how to fix? WAS Re: Truss refuses to build?

From: Andrew Gallatin <gallatin_at_cs.duke.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:41:48 -0400 (EDT)
Rob B writes:
 > This is an email sent to alpha_at_, but I thought I'd post it
 > here.  Alpha-based systems running -current were (are?) having a problem
 > building world and failing at the point of building truss.
 >
 > ===> usr.bin/truss
 >    cp /usr/src/usr.bin/truss/../../sys/kern/syscalls.master syscalls.master
 >    /bin/sh /usr/src/usr.bin/truss/../../sys/kern/makesyscalls.sh
 > syscalls.master /usr/src/usr.bin/truss/i386.conf
 >    awk: floating point exception 8
 >     input record number 325, file
 >     source line number 87
 >    *** Error code 2
 >
 >    Stop in /usr/src/usr.bin/truss.
 >    *** Error code 1
 >
 > The suggested fix was to make and install libc and awk, then perform a
 > buildworld.

The one step we left out of this over on -alpha, which is probably why
it didn't work for you the first time, is that you need to update
/usr/share/mk.  The idea is that the libc and awk need to be compiled
with -mieee so that floating point isn't broken.  This addition to
the CFLAGs has been made recently.

Drew