Re: Is there a header conflict?

From: Kris Kennaway <kris_at_obsecurity.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:39:31 -0700
On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 01:53:16PM -0700, Terry Lambert wrote:

> Then I point out that if everything were registed as a package,
> you could just deinstall the old package, and install the new
> one, and be done with it.  8-).
>
> This is promptly ignored in favor if argueing about whether
> "make installworld" or "make updateincludes" or some other
> syntactic sugar should be added to the install process, so
> that "install means delete".  Then people complain about this
> being a 31st step in a process that already takes 30 steps.

No, it's promptly ignored because it's just useless words that require
an implementation before it can be of any use to anyone.

I've been offering for several years now to mentor you through the
process of developing a prototype that is useful to FreeBSD and to
work with you on getting it accepted into FreeBSD, but as usual you're
more interested in talking about how cool it would be to have, than in
following through with code.

The offer remains open...

Kris