Re: Makefile in /usr/src/lib/libdisk WARNS change? PLEASE READ!

From: Scott Long <scott_long_at_btc.adaptec.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:13:39 -0600
David Leimbach wrote:

> > This just struck me as a possibility also about 20 seconds ago :)
> >
> > Here it is: [comments stripped]
> > CPUTYPE?=athlon-mp
> > CFLAGS= -pipe -msse -m3dnow
> > MAKE_IDEA=YES
> >
> > I am now changing CFLAGS to simply "-pipe" to see what happens.
> >

> And that had no affect it seems on the problem whatsoever.

Testing locally, it seems to be triggered by the lack of '-O' in the
CFLAGS.  FreeBSD has had a policy for quite some time of not supporting
non-standard CFLAGS settings, though it's perfectly acceptable to
debug and fix problems of this nature so long as the fix doesn't break
the standard case.
Your original patch looks fine to me.  Poul-Henning seems to be one of
the de-facto maintainers of libdisk right now.  He was away on vacation
last week and probably hasn't sorted through his Inbox all the way yet.
If he doesn't respond soon, ping him or myself again.

Scott