Re: HEADS UP: UFS2 now the default creation type on 5.0-CURRENT

From: Thomas Quinot <thomas_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:23:08 +0200
Le 2003-04-23, Poul-Henning Kamp écrivait :

> No it does not.  Inodes are preallocated, but it dynamincally
> initializes them.  This mainly means that newfs(8) runs much faster.

Does this imply that on-disk inodes that are not initialized yet might
have non-0 block pointers? If so, does it further mean that we do not check for
(inode I is used) being consistent with (its block pointers are 0)
anymore? If so it would be nice for unlink() not to reset block pointers
to 0 when then final reference to a file is deleted: that would allow
resuscitation of deleted files.

Thomas.

--
    Thomas.Quinot_at_Cuivre.FR.EU.ORG