Re: HEADS UP: OpenSSH upgrade

From: Jeroen C. van Gelderen <jeroen_at_vangelderen.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:50:59 +0200
On Wednesday, Apr 23, 2003, at 19:43 Europe/Amsterdam, Adam wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 13:29, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
>> I've just upgraded OpenSSH to 3.6.1p1.  Please exercise due care when
>> upgrading,
>
> Can you elaborate? IIRC, updating OpenSSH last time was a no-brainer.
> What precautions should be taken?

True that DES does a fabulous job in keeping OpenSSH stable. But
problems do occasionally occur and if such a problem -say- locks you
out of a remote machine it means a royal PITA. Something like that.

HTH,
Jeroen
--
Jeroen C. van Gelderen - jeroen_at_vangelderen.org

War prosperity is like the prosperity that an earthquake or a plague
brings. The earthquake means good business for construction workers,
and cholera improves the business of physicians, pharmacists, and
undertakers; but no one has for that reason yet sought to celebrate
earthquakes and cholera as stimulators of the productive forces in
the general interest. -- Ludwig von Mises